program brochureSubmit an
About the program
The Carpentry program prepares you to practice this trade in different sectors, including residential, institutional and commercial construction, and in civil engineering and road works projects. The program consists of 19 modules that train you in every facet of carpentry, from the basics of wood-working to more complex and advanced skills. At the end of the program, you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your acquired knowledge through your own building project. The program covers many areas of carpentry including site layout, foundations, framing, stairs, interior and exterior finishing and roofs. You will also have the opportunity to use different tools and equipment such as levels, pneumatic tools, saws, planes, joining tools and power tools. Upon graduation, you’ll be able to start working towards becoming an apprentice Carpenter. Whether you’re a do-it-yourself-er or looking for a creative job in the woodworking world, the Carpentry program at CVCEC has got you covered (approximate costs: $740).
Skills you will learn
- basic carpentry skills
- reading building plans
- understanding structural layout
- worksite safety and standards
Did you know
- Carpenters are among the occupations currently in highest demand all over Quebec.
- This program can allow students to start their own business.
- There are many fields in which to specialize within the umbrella of carpentry including roofing, interior finishing, general contractor, just to name a few.
Program available at the following Centre
Fall (Early October), Winter (January), Spring (April), Summer ( August )