program brochureSubmit an
Welding -High Pressure
About the program
Students in the High Pressure Welding program receive a hands-on and theoretical training in the field of pipe welding. Learn all the skills necessary to start a successful career in this high demand industry. At the state-of-the-art Nova Career Centre Campus, students will develop their welding skills using modern equipment with common arc welding processes such as Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW/Stick), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW/MIG), Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW) and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW/TIG). Students learn to work with a diversity of materials including mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum. Graduates are prepared with the knowledge to pass the practical welding certification examination conducted by Emploi Quebec, certifying candidates to weld High Pressure pipes in the province. This program is only open to those who already hold a DEP in welding (approximate costs: $85).
Skills you will learn
- cutting and preparing pipes
- welding pipes in the 1G, 2G, 5G & 6G positions
- reading and understanding blueprints
Did you know
- High-pressure welders must be quick minded in order to read technical plans and carry out all the welds to be done in the correct sequence.
- According to the 2006 Technology Road Map study, there are over 300,000 Canadians working in the welding industry who contribute over $5 billion to our economy.
Program available at the following Centre
Fall (late September), Winter (January)