program brochureSubmit an
Interior Decorating and Visual Display
About the program
The Interior Decorating and Visual Display program prepares you for work in the design industry or closely related professions in less than 18 months. You will receive a comprehensive overview of the basic principles and elements of design. The program incorporates both theoretical and practical learning techniques. We simulate the real world working environment by giving you hands on projects that require precision and meeting tight deadlines. At the end of the program, you will participate in a month-long field placement apprenticeship with a design related company in order to apply your acquired skills. As a graduate, you will be prepared for a variety of career choices in residential and commercial design, space planning, colour consulting, decorating, home staging, visual merchandising/display and sales consulting (approximate costs: $710).
Skills you will learn
- drafting skills, plan reading, sketching and perspective drawings
- colour theory, lighting concepts, furnishings and textiles
- computer aided design (AutoCAD and 20/20)
- window display and presentation techniques
Did you know
- Graduates from this program find themselves in high demand for employment in retail sales, fabric distribution, and customer service, or may become self-employed interior decorators.
- Nova offers a professional studio environment, industry-standard software, full access to finishes, paints and samples in our decorating and design resource room.
- Our real-world approach means students take field trips to showrooms, decorating studios, and decorating and design exhibitions.
Program available at the following Centre
Fall (September), Winter (January) - Day and Evening courses available