program brochureSubmit an
About the program
The Landscaping Operations program prepares students to start a new career in the landscaping field. Landscapers work on gardens and maintain and beautify residential and commercial grounds. Our program will prepare you to build unique wooden structures such as benches, arbours and pergolas. Learn how to build stone walls, water/rock gardens, and install concrete features such as walkways and patios. Our curriculum also includes modules on living materials such as flowers, trees and shrubs, landscape planning, understanding job specifications, and using landscaping tools and machinery. Students often work in teams to enhance the creative, hands-on learning process and the program is complemented by a field placement in a professional landscaping setting. A nature’s lover dream, this program will prepare you for a career in the great outdoors (approximate costs: $400).
Skills you will learn
- how to work with inert and living materials
- building outdoor structures
- the basic components of lighting and irrigation
- understanding sustainable eco-systems
Did you know
- When landscaping is done properly, it can increase a home’s value by 20%.
- Most landscaping companies do not have trade educated landscapers on staff, which creates a lot of opportunities for employment within the industry.
Program available at the following Centre