program brochureSubmit an
About the program
Ask any company and they’ll tell you: secretaries are vital to a healthy office environment. From administrative tasks, to office management, to the planning and coordination of events, secretaries play a vital role in keeping a business running smoothly. The Secretarial Studies program can be completed in roughly one year. You will develop computer proficiency using the most up-to-date software including Word, Excel, and Access. Visual aids, demonstrations, and hands on practical activities are the focus of the teaching/learning path. You will acquire the principles of professional business practices, focusing on current office trends, effective written and oral communication, business meeting protocols, as well as basic accounting concepts using Simply Accounting (approximate costs: $655).
Skills you will learn
- designing the visual format of a document
- use of the basic and advanced functions of word processing and spreadsheet software
- effective communication in a business or office setting
- updating and maintaining files and preparation of business meetings
Did you know
- Secretaries are among the occupations currently in highest demand all over Quebec.
- Due to advanced and changing office technologies, employers are insisting that their office personnel hold diplomas from recognized institutions.
- strong computer skills, written and oral communication skills
- ability to work in a team to resolve problems and able to show excellent decision-making skills
- strong knowledge of document production and attention to detail
- Executive Assistant
- Office Clerk
Program available at the following Centre
April 3rd, 2017