program brochureSubmit an
Welding and Fitting
About the program
Nova has been designated the provincial Centre of Expertise for Welding programs. This 16 month program provides students with a hands-on and theoretical education in the field of welding. We will prepare you for a successful career in the industry. You will be trained and prepared to pass the practical welding certification examination conducted by the Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB). At the state-of-the-art Nova Career Centre Campus, you will have the opportunity to develop your welding skills using modern equipment with common arc welding processes including Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW/Stick), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW/MIG), Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW) and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW/TIG). Learn to work with materials such as mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum. You will also build your own projects by selecting, planning, and demonstrating metal fabrication techniques using the most current metal fabricating equipment and a variety of welding processes (approximate costs: $885).
Skills you will learn
- welding and cutting using six different processes
- reading and understanding blueprints
- assembly techniques
- performing mathematical calculations related to welding and fabrication applications
Did you know
- Welding is among the occupations currently in highest demand all over Quebec.
- The competencies acquired after graduation will be acknowledged throughout Canada.
Program available at the following Centre
Spring, Fall, Winter (multiple start dates)