This page archives all the “Our House” (Habitat for Humanity, Eco-home project) videos for your viewing pleasure. We also have links for media coverage of the project.
OUR HOUSE episodes:
- “THE PROGRESS” (episode 12): The construction of our state-of-the-art eco-friendly homes is moving along nicely. Be sure to spread the word, as we are on the search for two families who’ll end up owning brand new homes.
- “STATE OF AFFAIRS” (episode 11): We get an update on where the Our House project stands. The team has faced challenges along the way, but the planning stages seem to be coming to and end with the building of an extension at CVCEC in order to have more room to build the houses in components at the centre.
- “ORMSTOWN FAIR (episode 10): We attend the Ormstown Fair to let families know there is still time to register to become one of two families who will eventually get a brand new house.
- “GRADUATION (episode 9)”: We attend CVCEC’s Graduation Ceremony and speak to a few students and staff members about the pride and joy felt during this momentous event in one’s academic journey. Congratulations to all our Carpentry, Landscaping Operations, Assistance in Health Care Facilities, Home Care Assistance and Health, Assistance & Nursing (HAN) students.
- “TRADES In MOTION (episode 8)”: We visit the third edition of Trades In Motion, an interactive career fair for students in the Monteregie area. This career fair is like no-other you’ve ever seen, with hands-on activities for all the students. And our LEED tip is about: selection of non-toxic building materials.
- “The DESIGN” (episode 7): The Design of the ‘Habitat/LEED House’ is ready.Watch how the experience of designing the home was done and get a sneak-peak at what the homes will look like.
- “RECAP # 1″(episode 6): A quick recap of some of what’s happened to-date. From the launch of the project, meeting the teacher team, footage from the fundraising Jamboree and witnessing first-hand a Habitat family getting the keys to their own new home.
- “Key CEREMONY” (epsiode 5): A family gets a new home! We are fortunate to attend a family’s very special moment as they receive the keys to their brand new home from Habitat for Humanity Province of Quebec.
- “The JAMBOREE” (episode 4): We unleash our love for music and take a look back at our Community Jamboree fundraiser held in Ormstown. Take a listen to our Carpentry teachers who rocked the stage, along with: the Cranes, Durham County Poets, Martin Deschamps and Nanette Workman.
- “The TOUR” (episode 3): You’ll get very own personal tour of the CVCEC (Chateaguay Valley Career Education Centre) facility and we find out where their students do their work and what programs are offered at the centre.
- “The TEAM” (episode 2): We introduce to you our team of carpentry teachers from CVCEC. They talk about their role and the excitement of being involved in such an amazing project. You also get another LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) tip of the day.
- “The BUILD” (episode 1): First episode of “Our House” the series. The carpentry program at CVCEC, along with its partners, will be building a Habitat for Humanity Home in the beautiful municipality of Ormstown for two families. You can watch all year long, in order to find out the latest updates and see how this amazing project is moving forward.
- CBC Radio – “All in a Weekend” audio interview: John Hodges carpentry teacher and student Darren Pinkman (Nov. 17 2013)
- Ecohome Webpage – article showcasing “CVCEC breaking new ground” – (Nov. 15 2013)
- Valley Junction – Recap article from the Community Jamboree (Oct. 28 2013)
- Humago (lifestyle web page) – interview with Nanette Workman about the Community Jamboree concert (Oct. 23 2013) – (In French)
- Le Soleil Valleyfield – article about Community Jamboree (Oct. 17 2013) – (In French)
- Ecohome Webpage – article about Habitat Build (Oct. 15 2013)