Student Services

Helping You Decide

SARCA (Reception, Referral, Counselling and Support Services)

If you’re looking to enroll in a trade program, change career paths, or are unsure about what you would like to do next, then SARCA is for you. We provide you with guidance and support to help you discover your personal learning path. We have all the resources on site to help you succeed and our trained and caring staff are happy to answer all your questions. Our goal is to help you develop an educational plan of action and then provide you with all the support needed along the way. SARCA is a free service available to all adults (students and non students alike).

How we support you:

  • We help you to understand your strengths so that you can discover your educational goals and career path.
  • We help you develop and define a plan of action based on what you truly want.
  • We give you access to all of the resources that are available to you along the way.

Helpful links: Essential Skills Self-Assessment for the Trades & Find Your Own Trade


We have a FREE SHUTTLE BUS available free of charge for our students every morning and afternoon throughout the school year. We’re committed to making sure our students can easily access our learning environments and encourage them to seek out more environmentally friendly travel options.

There is also a municipal transportation service available @ MRC du Haut-Saint-Laurent for more details.

Financial Aid

  • Loans and Bursaries
    Students who require financial support to attend one of our programs may be eligible for Loans and Bursaries from the Aide financière aux études. Our counsellors can help answer any questions you may have about financing your education.
  • Service-Quebec
    Service-Quebec can provide financial resources to support your education. You will need to meet with one of their counsellors and explore further funding opportunities.
  • Kahnawake Economic Development Commission (KEDC)
    If you live in Kahnawake and would like to enroll in a full-time vocational training program or acquire your high school diploma, then we encourage you to make an appointment with an employment counsellor from the KEDC by calling 450-638-4280 or by email at You can also visit them online at

Distance Education

Unable to attend school in person? You can work at your own pace in the comfort of your home with the support of a personal tutor. Our distance education courses allow you to obtain a high school diploma, pre-requisites for CEGEP or a vocational training program. Students are assisted by qualified teachers who offer a personalized service. The distance education program is supported by the Eastern Townships School Board. For more information, call the toll free line at 1.877.463.3775 or send an email to You can also visit them online at


Our counsellors provide support and referral services to students attending our centres. We work closely with various partners in the community such as Carrefour Jeunesse, Tewatohnhi’saktha, Emploi-QC, and others to help give our students the support they need in order to discover a successful career path. We help students identify their needs, assist in the preparation of a personal plan, and provide support throughout the learning process. We also keep students aware of onsite and offsite fun and social activities to complement their education.

Skip to content