Is your child in high school or a recent graduate?
Helping your child with the next step in their education can be stressful and confusing! A good start? Help your child identify their “passion”. Do they have an eye for design? A love of the outdoors? A knack for working with their hands? With fifteen vocational training programs in our three centres, we have something to meet your child’s interests and strengths, and are here to help your child explore the possibilities.
Why choose a trade?
- Career-focused education: Vocational programs train students to be work-force ready. Students in vocational training do not take electives or general education courses. They focus on industry-related education.
- Cost-effective training: Vocational programs are hands-on and skill-based. This focused education results in lower costs and less time. Our programs are 100% tuition free for Quebec residents. Students pay only a registration fee, and the cost of books, materials and/or tools.
- Employment opportunities: With an ever-increasing demand for qualified skilled workers, students can move directly from the classroom to the workforce. The average weekly salary of our graduates is $695. Certain trades can average $900 a week. These salaries are comparable to a university graduate’s salary!
- Continued learning opportunities: Graduates can continue their education in their vocation through continued training in Vocational or CEGEP-level courses.
Why choose New Frontiers School Board?
- Three Vocational Education Centres (Chateauguay, Huntingdon, and Ormstown)
- FREE daily shuttle bus linking our Centres
- Dedicated teachers with years of industry experience
- Small class sizes
- A hands-on learning approach
- Individualized support to our at-risk students
- A 90% employment rate for our graduates
- Possibility of loans or bursaries
- Breakfast program
- 100% tuition free programs (for Quebec residents)
Our Student for a Day option allows your child to experience a trade before committing to a program! They can meet the teachers, explore the facilities, see projects in action, and speak with students. There’s no limit to the number of programs they can explore. Call one of our Centres today and see how great life@nfsb can be!