The Nova Career Centre Automotive Mechanics program is the head of the provincial Centres Of Expertise Network (CEN) in its sector of Motorized Equipment Maintenance. As leader of this sector, part of our responsibility is to provide professional training to the experts that teach the trade based off sector needs and interests, so they may be up to date on the latest advancements in Motorized Equipment technology.
On November 9, the Nova Career Centre hosted training on Collision and Safety Alert systems, technologies that are now becoming standard on our everyday vehicles. The training was given by Randy Scott, the Lead General Motors ASEP (Automotive Service Educational Program) Instructor for Algonquin College. 40 Automotive instructors from across the province were in attendance for this training.
We learned the theory, operation and diagnostic strategies on such systems as:
• Forward Collision Alert
• Forward Automatic Braking
• Lane Keeping Assist
• Teen Driver
• Park Assist
With what we learned, we will be able to now provide the students with up-to-date information about these systems to prepare them for the industry!
- Our Centres
- Trade Programs
- Automobile Mechanics
- Construction Business Management
- Electric Vehicle Mechanics
- Health, Assistance & Nursing
- Horticulture and Garden Centre Operations
- Institutional and Home Care Assistance
- Interior Decorating and Visual Display
- Landscaping Operations
- Residential & Commercial Drafting
- School Daycare Educator
- Secretarial Studies
- Starting a Business
- Welding and Fitting
- Welding – High Pressure
- Welding – Semi-Automatic GMAW and FCAW
- Start Dates
- Service to Business and Community
- We’re Here to Help!
- International Students